Saturday, May 24, 2008

The idea of Titaku

I’ve been driving for 3 years. I can tell you that when I first started, I work very hard. I can work everyday non-stop! Today, I might tell you otherwise. Therefore, I like customers who are like friends, who can talk, joke, and laugh together. Most of all, I appreciate them who also appreciates Bali.

I stand by in front of Warsa Bungalows in Monkey Forest road, Ubud. When looking for customers, all I can do is to talk to people. Business had been slow for me since January. Most of my friend has been driving people around but I have nothing. I'm working for someone, and if there's no income for him, it means no income for me too! It was miserable because I need money to buy materials to fix the roof of my home in Kintamani.

And then they called me.

Alvin & YY from Malaysia.
I took this photo with Alvin's camera.

We spent 4 days together. 4 days of fun, talking, joking and laughing. I like to see them enjoying themselves and I like to play with Alvin’s camera.

They said I have good potential to become a good photographer. They also warned me if I get hooked up with photography, there will be no turning back. So, I'm giving it a pause, for now.

I have a camera a customer gave me. It’s a good Canon camera. I wish I have more chance to use it.

“Why don’t you start a blog?” Alvin asked me, “We can help you.”

So I started thinking, maybe it’s a good idea.

I got a call from France, a former customer scolded me for not replying his friend’s email. I am happy that my customers recommended me; I am also sad because I can’t accommodate so many at the same time. I have to check email everyday so I can do necessary arrangement.

I’ve been working non-stop everyday since Alvin and YY left. I think they are my lucky charm. If only I can send them to airport. They are like my abang and kakak. I am grateful that Pak Tony recommended me to them, and I can’t thank them enough to help me start this blog.

I hope this will help me more to fulfill my dream. I also like to travel to see the world, and take some nice photo like abang did. I will try to update this blog on weekly basis, hopefully the wartel don’t raise their fee anytime soon.

*Andrea, I'm sorry your comment is not shown. I accidentally deleted the post. Very very sorry.

No comments: